This is the fitness page...
You can put all the stuff you want each week here that pertains directly to the fitness section...we can also link to the "fitness" blog here as well...
The Fit Chicks! Movement focuses on fitness and encourages women to work a plan of strength, interval cardio and flexibility training 2-4 times per week.
Get in shape. Lose weight.
Fact #1 It’s important to know how and where our body gets its energy. It accesses energy in a precise way – a specific order – this never changes.
Fact #2 Using a High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT), also now known as Burst Training, is more beneficial than cardio done at the same steady pace the entire time.
This is the order in which our body gets energy (burns calories):
- Glycogen (sugar) stored in muscles
- Liver Glycogen – where our body stores excess sugar
- BBA – Blood born amino acids – a chain of amino acids formed from protein
- It takes 20-30 minutes of cardio exercise to reach level 4
- The first 20 minutes of cardio are only burning stored sugar calories
- Weight training uses up the glycogen in our muscles so if you do it first you get to burning fat much quicker when doing cardio
- If you do cardio first your muscles are weaker and you won’t progress as fast
Optimum Workout Sequence
- warm up
- do strength and weight training for 30 minutes, and
- then finish with interval cardio for 20-25 minutes