How to Cook Steel-Cut Oats in 30 minutes (four servings) and Save Them for Later!
3 to 4 cups water 1 cup steel-cut oats Scant 1 teaspoon salt
- Bring the water to a boil: Use 3 cups of water for firmer, more intact oat grains or 4 cups of water for creamier oatmeal. Pour the water into a saucepan and bring it to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in the oats and the salt: Pour the oats into the water, add the salt, and stir.
- Return to a boil: Let the water come back up to a rolling boil — this should only take a few seconds. Be watchful as the water comes back to a boil as it can sometimes foam up and spill out of the pan.
- Reduce heat to low: Once the water is boiling, reduce the heat to very low and bring the oats to a simmer. You may need to play with the exact setting on your stove — aim to keep the oats at a barely perceptible simmer. You should see steam coming off the water with a bubble or two every few seconds.
- Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes: Let the oats simmer for anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally and scraping the bottom of the pan. Cook until the oats are very tender and the oatmeal is as creamy as you like it — longer cooking will make thicker oatmeal.
- Serve immediately or make a Mason Jar Breakfast and store in refrigerate for 2-3 weeks: The oats are ready to eat immediately, so top with your flavorings or while HOT make up mix in your flavoring and pour into a heated Mason Jar. Tighten the lid. Let cool. Then refrigerate for up to 2-3 weeks. The oats will thicken in the fridge; stir a little milk or water into them when reheating to loosen.
Get the Recipe Book ebook with over 31 clean eating breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack ideas, that ladies like YOU love to eat!
"Are you committed to being healthy and happy? Do you want to belong to a community that cares about you on the inside and outside? You’re in the right place. Fuel, the Fit Chicks! Movements opened in 2018 and while our sites are "under construction”, Fit Chicks! is not! Six years ago, I started helping women in Fishers, IN at my small studio to lose weight, stop dieting, get stronger, and be women they could be proud of at all stages of life. Week after week, 90 amazing women, along with my team, absolutely challenge and inspire me to serve more. Now it’s time to open our community to you - download the recipe ebook, join my mailing list and shop our online store. Be IN, not out, and join Fuel, the Fit Chicks! Movement"